A pre-roll is a per screening element. It is a short video that runs before the film (or a group of films). It usually serves for trailers, the promotion of a festival/organization, and for thanking sponsors.
A pre-roll cannot be skipped by the users. You all know pre-rolls from Youtube and e-newspapers.
Adding a Pre-roll
Adding a pre-roll to screening is simple and straight-forward:
- Pre-rolls must be uploaded and not embedded.
- As a pre-roll is part of a screening, you need to upload it separately for each screening.
- Please DO NOT use the Media Manager for pre-rolls. The Media Manager relates to videos uploaded as “films” in the sense that they have descriptions, credits, posters, etc., while a pre-roll is basically a video without any title and metadata (for the end-user).
- Please follow the general media guidelines when uploading a pre-roll: MP4 or Quicktime (MOV) files and around 5-6 Mbps. Please do not try to upload ProRes, MXF, and other types of delivery files, but only compressed videos.
- When uploading, please stay in the window until the upload is complete.